While there have been many changes in our community during the current COVID-19 pandemic, our priority has always been safety.
We are still the same, fun-loving and skilled team.
We are here for you!
Here are a few changes you will see when you are here next:
- We have implemented a non-toxic, hypochlorous acid ionizing cleaner (proven to kill COVID immediately) that is air-sprayed throughout the office & on all surfaces, twice per day and following any aerosol-generating procedures. This is great technology that we were happy to add to our already rigid cleaning procedures!
- Our air circulation has been tested to make sure we are cycling air at the current standards recommended for health care facilities during this pandemic.
- In addition we increased circulation by an additional 6 cycles per hour with an added negative ion surgical grade unit that filters out 99.998% of particles down to 0.1microns (the coronavirus is about 0.12microns).
- We are having patients wait in their car as a “virtual reception area” to reduce the number of people in the office. Patients will call when they arrive to check-in.
- We screen all patients with a health questionnaire within 24 hours of their appointments, take their temperatures (with a touchless thermometer) before allowing them in the office, and do several other steps in our check-in process to help keep our office environment safe. (See video above for details).
- Our staff will also complete the wellness questionnaire and have their temperature checked daily on arrival
- Patients rinse with an anti-microbial peroxide rinse prior to the appointment.
- Only the patient is allowed in the office unless it is necessary he/she be accompanied by one adult. If an adult does enter, they must also complete the health questionnaire, temperature reading and wear a mask.
- Patients are required to wear masks in our office when not in the process of treatment.
- Patients will be provided sanitizer when entering the office and there are stationg through-out the office
- Furniture is re-arranged to prevent any seating closer than distancing guidelines. Patient treatment is also at least 6 feet apart from others (usually 7-14 feet) or in a private room whenever possible. This has necessitated a big decrease in the number of patients being seen at one time.
- Barriers are in place at the front desk and stickers to guide distancing located along the floor
- We are seeing fewer patients at any one time & a reduction in the number of aerosol-generating appointments. Timing of these appointments will also be reserved for the end-of-the day.
- Our tooth-brushing station is temporarily closed, and children toys, magazines, etc. have been stored away.
- Staff will have additional personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks, face-shields, gowns, and head-caps depending on the procedure. We promise, our smiling faces are still under there!
- We are walking patients out our back door to avoid person-to-person interactions and patients will not be moving around the office without a staff member escorting them
- We continue to use only hospital-grade sterilization and disposable products whenever sterilization is not an option.
- All clinical areas are disinfected after use & common areas are disinfected hourly
- Virtual appointments are being completed whenever possible to reduce the number of in-office visits
These changes are designed to protect you, our team, and our community. While there will certainly be adjustments, we want our patients to feel comfortable and safe here. If you have questions, please let us know. We are so grateful for every one of our patients and the time we were closed only served to make us even more thankful for each of you.